Tuesday, November 11, 2008

My New Life


After a few months of inactivity, I have decided to renew my presence on this blog. Since July, I have made a few drastic changes in my life - All changes and choices were sparked by a desire to gain the following - more learning opportunities, more free time, and more focus on myself, my friends and family. You know, all the good stuff that we lose site of when we are too busy chasing a biweekly paycheck and artificial recognition.

I left my full time job in September where I worked for 3 long years. Not very long for some, but with all the overtime, it was probably closer to a 4-5 year time investment, on a 3 year salary. Although I learned a great deal and gained invaluable experience - I got a little itch to move forward and make better use of my time and my life.

I have managed to replace a 60hr a week job (40hr salary) with a full time job working from home. While the adjustment has been a little tricky (cabin fever, self-discipline, etc), I am happier, having completely replaced my old salary. Also, I have the time to pursue entrepreneurial ventures with the added time flexibility and I only have to be somewhere if I want to. I love it.

After reading countless articles and books on the topic of working for yourself and working from home, I partially made it happen - by making bold decisions and defying conventional wisdom that the more you work, the more you get paid. In fact, being stuck in this rut for a while, I realize that more work actually equaled less pay in my situation. Everyone has a realization process and a threshold - I reached mine. I have shifted to smarter work = more money = time leverage = happier.

Thats it for now! In the mean time - I will try to post more frequently about work, life, technology that helps, and other simple things.

1 comment:

LikemindCafe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.